It seems normal for some fur parents to give some human snacks to their lovely pets especially dogs while lounging or watching tv, and one of the most common snacks you have is the cheez-its, however, Can Dogs Eat Cheez-Its? Is Cheez-Its Toxic for Dogs?
Well, keep reading to know how safe or dangerous the cheez-its are for your lovely pets.
What is Cheez-Its?
One of the most popular snacks, Cheez-It is a cheese cracker made with wheat flour, vegetable oil, cheese (made with skim milk), salt, and spices.
Manufactured by the Kellogg Company through its Sunshine Biscuits division. Cheez-it is a rectangular cracker approximately 26 by 24 millimeters (1.0 by 0.94 in). It has a different flavor that is selling around the world.
The following are some variety of Cheez-It flavors and products that you can find in the market:
Can Dogs Eat Cheez-Its?
The very short answer is No. Like any other junk food, Cheez-its doesn’t have any nutritional value that your dog can get, it is also very high in sodium that can be toxic for dogs.
Ingredient in cheez-it that can cause harm to your dogs:
- Flour – can be the source of allergies for many pets.
- Cheese (made from skim milk)
- Food that is high in sodium (salt) is very harmful and can be toxic for dogs.
- Some dogs cant eat dairy products becasue they are lactose intolerance (a digestive disorder caused by the inability to digest lactose, the main carbohydrate in dairy products such as milk, butter, cheese, etc.)
- Artificial flavoring – both for human and animals artificial food is dangerous if taken in large amount.
If your dog ate a small amount of cheez-it you don’t have to worry because it won’t affect his or her health, however frequent eating of this or eating it in large amounts can cause stomach ache, vomiting, and diarrhea to dogs.
Once your dog experiences discomfort or shows any unhealthy signs after eating any human food it is best to call your veterinarian or bring him or her to the nearest animal emergency hospital to address the problem as soon as possible.