Mosquito repellents are a fun and effective way to keep mosquitoes at bay, but keeping your lovely pets safe can be a challenge when using it especially to them. Find the best dog-friendly mosquito repellant choice for your needs with the help of this list!
Mosquitoes are more than just an annoyance, they may also transmit dangerous diseases to your dogs, such as the West Nile virus and Heartworm. Prevention is better than cure, that’s why it’s very important to always ask your vet for the best prevention.
The monthly heartworm preventatives and a broad-spectrum flea and tick treatment are some of the best and most common advice by the expert, it should always be your first line of protection for your lovely pets. The heartworm preventatives and a broad-spectrum flea and tick treatment are extremely effective when used together to safeguard your lovely dog.
- Heartworm preventatives work by destroying Heartworm larvae before they develop into adult worms if your pet is affected.
- Most flea and tick repellents contain a component that kills mosquitoes on touch before they bite.
Although heartworm preventatives can help your dog avoid illness, mosquito bites can still be painful, if the bite mark is so itchy your dog might scratch him/herself. To prevent it you might be tempted to use mosquito repellant on your dog, however, human mosquito repellant might be toxic for them. Don’t worry, check below the Top 5 Best Dog-Friendly Mosquito Repellant that you can opt for together with your heartworm prevention and flea and tick treatment for your lovely pets.
Top 5 Best Dog-Friendly Mosquito Repellant
Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent for Dogs and Cats
Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent Spray was carefully developed to repel mosquitoes using nature’s most effective plant extracts, including a unique mix of Lemongrass Oil and Geraniol (from Citronella plants). Vet’s Best has been blending plant-based components that work together to calm and protect your pet for over 30 years. Our solutions are a plant-based alternative to standard chemicals that may be used at any time of the year. Try Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard & Kennel Spray, which kills mosquitoes in outdoor locations, for further mosquito protection.
- The Vet’s Best Mosquito Repellent works without the use of DEET to keep mosquitos at bay.
- Lemongrass Oil and Geraniol are among the certified natural oils in this mix (from Citronella plants).
- Can be used on dogs and cats who are at least 12 weeks old. Also suitable for the entire family.
- Made in the United States with high-quality local and foreign ingredients.
Brand: Vet’s Best
Model #: 3165810475
Product Dimensions: 1.75 x 1.75 x 7.88 inches; 9.76 Ounces
Bug Soother Spray Natural Mosquito Repellent DEET Free
Outdoor enthusiasts, children, and pets are the most common users of Bug Soother. Gnats, no-see-ums, sand fleas, black flies, and some mosquitoes are all repelled by Natural Bug Soother. It’s possible that you’ll need to apply it more frequently and rub it in.
- Purified Water, Glycerin, Castor Oil, and Vitamin E are combined with Soy Lecithin, a natural emulsifier used in foods, to create Bug Soother, a natural bug repellant. Lemongrass 100% Pure Essential Oil is combined with vanilla for a wonderful smell that people adore but pests despise.
- Simply Soothing, a woman-owned family business in rural Iowa, proudly manufactures it in the United States. For over 15 years, we’ve been making one-of-a-kind, handcrafted items with a focus on great quality at an affordable price.
Brand: Bug Soother
Model #: SG_B072Z2CW3L_US
Product Dimensions: 3 x 8 x 4 inches, 1.21 pounds
Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray
Vet’s Best Flea & Tick Yard + Kennel Spray has a concentrated combination of nature’s most effective plant extracts, including a special blend of Peppermint Oil and Eugenol (from Clove plants), and treats up to 5,000 sq. ft. Without using harsh chemicals, our recipe has been shown to kill mosquitoes, fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, and ticks on contact. Vet’s Best has been blending plant-based components that work together to calm and protect your pet for over 30 years.
- Without using harsh chemicals, Vet’s Best Flea and Tick Yard and Kennel Spray kills mosquitoes, fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, and ticks on contact.
- Includes a ready-to-use hose adapter for applying to grass, lawns, kennels, patios, and other outdoor surfaces quickly and easily. There is no evidence that it is detrimental to trees, shrubs, or flowers.
- Each steam-distilled essential oil has been chosen for its effective pest-fighting capabilities and is 100% natural and deet-free.
Brand: Vet’s Best
Model #: 3165810349ONL
Product Dimensions: 2 x 4.75 x 11.25 inches; 2.4 Pounds
Medella Naturals Insect & Mosquito Repellent, DEET-Free
Without harsh chemicals or synthetic or petroleum-based components, Medella Naturals Insect Repellent delivers efficient protection against troublesome insects and mosquitoes. This mixture, which is made entirely of natural ingredients, has been clinically proven to give much more protection than DEET-based solutions. The handy spray container simply pumps out for simple application and is the ideal size for travel. This means you can go boating, fishing, golfing, hiking, running, or pretty much any other outdoor activity you can think of. While camping, dining outside, playing in the backyard, or simply enjoying a sunny day, the entire family, including your dog, may enjoy bug-free protection.
- Lemongrass Oil, Vitamin E, Purified Water, Glycerin, Castor Oil, And A Hint Of Vanilla, Which Gives This Spray Its Pleasant Smell, are all made in the United States.
- It’s manufactured with a plant-based formula that’s free of synthetic fragrances, dyes, pesticides, alcohol, formaldehyde, preservatives, and petrochemicals.
- The easy-to-use pump makes application a breeze and protects adults, children, and even pets. It Is Long-Lasting And Can Be Used All Year.
Brand: Medella Naturals
Model #: B01FVEZCB6
Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 4 x 1.5 inches, 7.2 ounces
Insect Shield Insect Repellant Dog Blanket
And the last in the list of the Top 5 Best Dog-Friendly Mosquito Repellant is this Insect Repellant Blanket, for Dogs will keep your four-legged buddy happy and comfy all year. This blanket repels mosquitoes, ticks, flies, and fleas and protects your pet from West Nile virus and Lyme disease thanks to Insect Shield’s cutting-edge bug-deterrent technology. It’s made for on-the-go practicality put it in your car, camping bag, or picnic basket to keep your furry friend entertained at all times and can be machine-washed up to 25 times without losing its insect repellent treatment.
- Insect Shield’s breakthrough technology repels mosquitoes, ticks, flies, and fleas, keeping your pet safe and comfortable.
- This ultra-soft and cuddly insect-repellent dog blanket is easy to care for and machine-washable, making it ideal for any pet.
- Long-lasting protection without any annoying liquids or scents; the blanket has built-in protection, not your pet.
Brand: Insect Shield
Model #: IE9335 56 69
Product Dimensions: 6 x 8 x 8 inches; 1.25 Pounds
Avoid Using Moisquito Repellant with DEET To Your Pets
On your pet, never use a DEET-based product. DEET is toxic to both dogs and cats, according to the ASPCA. Its usage might result in neurological issues like tremors, convulsions, or even death.
Mosquito repellents that are safe for pets may be found at your local pet supply store. You should also get advice from your veterinarian about such products.