Dog Valentine’s Day Safety Tips – If your lovely pet likes to roam, it’s important that you know how to keep him or her safe especially on occasions that you might not expect he or she might expose to danger. Dog lovers will find this article helpful for the upcoming holiday season. It will cover the topic of Dog Valentine’s Day Safety Tips. It is a must-read article for all dog lovers.
Valentine’s Day will be celebrated on February 14th, with loads of delicious snacks, flowers, and other delights being presented as gifts! Your lovely dogs will most certainly appreciate your Valentine’s Day sweets and present just as much as you do, but they may suffer from some significant health issues as well. No one really wants to go to the emergency vet on Valentine’s Day. So keep your lovely pet out of harm. Here are some tips to help you keep your dog safe this Valentine’s Day.
Keep The Chocolate and Anything Sweets Out Of Reach
Keep chocolate and other sweets out of the reach of your lovely dogs at all times. Pets are particularly vulnerable to chocolate poisoning. Methylxanthines, caffeine-like stimulants that affect gastrointestinal, neurologic, and cardiac function can cause vomiting/diarrhea, hyperactivity, seizures, and an abnormally high heart rate in darker chocolates. Lighter chocolates have a higher fat content, which might cause pancreatic inflammation, which can be fatal. Allow yourself to splurge, but don’t leave the chocolate out for your lovely pets to discover.
Choose Pet Safe Bouquets
Spell out the absence of lilies when giving a flower arrangement to someone who has one, and when getting an arrangement, comb through it and remove any harmful vegetation. It’s possible that your pet has consumed an objectionable flower or plant, causing symptoms like lethargy, vomiting, or diarrhea. What shouldn’t be in your bouquets? Use our online poisonous and nontoxic plant libraries as visual guidance.
Hide Your Valentines Gift
This Valentine’s Day, receiving a piece of shiny jewelry is very common, but if you think you are the only one who is excited to wear it you are wrong. Your lovely pet may be looking at that glistening trinket with a different set of eyes. Perhaps they believe it will be as beautiful as it is delectable.
If you don’t want to deal with the trouble of having to remove items of jewelry that don’t pass naturally, don’t do it. It’s better to keep the new sparkler away from the tummy of your adorable dog. Accidents do, however, occur. Contact your veterinarian right once if you believe your dog has swallowed a piece of jewelry.
Throw Immediately The Gift Ribbon
If consumed, fancy packaging and curling ribbons may be poisonous and fatal to dogs. All of the ribbons and any gift wrapping can get entangled in your lovely dog’s intestines and cause serious harm. Keep an eye out for balloons and strings as well.
Make Sure Your Dog Won’t Have a Chance to Lick Cocktail and Any Alcohol In Your Dinner
“Spilled wine, half a glass of champagne, and some leftover booze are nothing to scream over until an inquisitive pet eats them up,” according to the ASPCA. Because animals are smaller than humans, even a tiny amount of alcohol can induce serious side effects such as vomiting, diarrhea, loss of coordination, depression of the central nervous system, tremors, difficulties breathing, metabolic problems, and even coma. If a high enough amount is consumed, it can lead to respiratory failure, which can be deadly.”